Early Discovery Preschool pre-registration for next school year, 2019-2020, begins February 4, 2019.
Children Currently enrolled and not yet 5 years of age by May 31st will be receiving an application from their teacher to complete and return.
New children :Younger siblings, family members, or friends who have a child 3 or 4 years of age may call the Putnam County Educational Service Center, 419-523-5951 ext. 3023, for enrollment information. Children who are 4 years of age and children with disabilities will be given priority.
Reduced rates may be available to those who qualify.
Life Skill Education Program
As part of our social behavior/character building education, Fort Jennings Elementary students will be taught a set of 18 life skills throughout the year. Every two weeks we will emphasize what it means for all of us to embody a particular life skill. There will be daily announcements, lunch time discussions and activities to educate and reinforce these skills. A schedule of skills and announcements regarding the program are located below.
8/27- 9/7 - Respect
9/10 - 9/21 - Caring
9/24 - 10/5 - Cooperation
10/8 - 10/92 - Effort
10/22 - 11/2 - Friendship
11/5 - 11/20 - Responsibility
11/ 26 - 12/7 - Flexibility
12/10 - 12/21 - Initiative/Courage
1/7 - 1/18 - Organization
1/21 - 2/1 - Patience
2/2 - 2/15 - Perseverance
2/18 - 3/1 - Sense of Humor
3/4 - 3/15 - Common Sense
3/18 - 3/29 Curiosity
4/1 - 4/12 - Integrity
4/15 - 4/26 - Pride
4/29 - 5/10 - Problem Solving
5/13 - 5/22 - Life Skills Recap
Is your room messy? How about your book bag? Desk? Cubby? If you said “yes” to any of these questions then you are in luck. We will be spending the next two weeks on our new life skill ORGANIZATION. ORGANIZATION means to plan and keep things in an orderly way so they are ready to use.
This week's Life Skill Shout Outs go to:
- Riley M., Bryce B., Anna M., and Tenley S.
- Sam D., Brayden K., Lucas K., and Stella M.
- Owen W., Mollie K., Wesley M., and Lucas K.
- Adrianna E., Anessa C., Kaylee Z., and Henry R.
- Tessa M., Sam D., James S., and Anna M.
- Jason S., Tessa M., Connor L., and Angel G.
- Zaven K., Ryan A., Mallory J., and Kamrtyn S.
- Tessa M., Gabbie S., Aedyn M., and Grace W.
- Luke M.,Logan M., Josie A., and Anna M.
- Carder O., Riley M., Sam D., and Brynn C.
- Brooklyn T., Allyson S., Kevin S., and Eli S.
- Riley B., Lindsay K., Alyse H., and Heaten M.
- Kevin S., Kailey M., Anna M., and Logan M.