Life Skill Education Program
As part of our social behavior/character building education, Fort Jennings Elementary students will be taught a set of 18 life skills throughout the year. Every two weeks we will emphasize what it means for all of us to embody a particular life skill. There will be daily announcements, lunch time discussions and activities to educate and reinforce these skills. A schedule of skills and announcements regarding the program are located below.
8/27- 9/7 - Respect
9/10 - 9/21 - Caring
9/24 - 10/5 - Cooperation
10/8 - 10/92 - Effort
10/22 - 11/2 - Friendship
11/5 - 11/20 - Responsibility
11/ 26 - 12/7 - Flexibility
12/10 - 12/21 - Initiative/Courage
1/7 - 1/18 - Organization
1/21 - 2/1 - Patience
2/2 - 2/15 - Perseverance
2/18 - 3/1 - Sense of Humor
3/4 - 3/15 - Common Sense
3/18 - 3/29 Curiosity
4/1 - 4/12 - Integrity
4/15 - 4/26 - Pride
4/29 - 5/10 - Problem Solving
5/13 - 5/22 - Life Skills Recap
Caring is to feel and show concern for others. It is to be unselfish and to show that you are concerned for and want to help others in good times and bad times.
- You can show it with your words
- The things you do for them
- Even in your gestures or body language
- Today talk with your teacher about how you can show caring in your classroom for the next two weeks.
This week's Life Skill Shout Outs go to:
- Riley M., Bryce B., Anna M., and Tenley S.
- Sam D., Brayden K., Lucas K., and Stella M.
- Owen W., Mollie K., Wesley M., and Lucas K.