Early Discovery Preschool pre-registration for next school year, 2019-2020, begins February 4, 2019.
Children Currently enrolled and not yet 5 years of age by May 31st will be receiving an application from their teacher to complete and return.
New children :Younger siblings, family members, or friends who have a child 3 or 4 years of age may call the Putnam County Educational Service Center, 419-523-5951 ext. 3023, for enrollment information. Children who are 4 years of age and children with disabilities will be given priority.
Reduced rates may be available to those who qualify.
March 8 - Spring Pictures
March 14 - TAG Quiz Bowl @ Putnam County ESC
March 15 - 3rd Quarter Ends
March 21 - Grade Cards Distributed
April 1 - 3 Screens Presentation
April 15 - State Testing Begins; See schedule to the right
April 16 - 3rd Grade Farm Safety Day
April 17 - Midterms
April 18 - Makeup Day; School in Session
April 18 - School Board Meeting 7:30 pm
April 19 - Easter Break
April 23 - Classes Resume
May 8 - Author Visit
May 16 - 4th & 5th Grade Trip to Sauder Village
May 16 - School Board Meeting 7:30 pm
May 17 - Graduation 8pm
May 23 - Makeup Day; School in Session
May 24 - Makeup Day; School in Session
May 30 - Grade Card Pick Up 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
April 15 - 3rd & 4th Grade ELA Part 1
April 16 - 3rd & 4th Grade ELA Part 2
April 17 - 5th Grade ELA Part 1
April 18 - 5th Grade ELA Part 2
April 25 - 5th Grade Science
April 30 - 3rd & 4th Grade Math Part 1
May 1 - 3rd & 4th Grade Math Part 2
May 2 - 5th Grade Math Part 1
May 3 - 5th Grade Math Part 2
Note: All testing takes place in the morning. Students who are testing will not attend religion and will come straight to school on those days.
Life Skill Education Program
As part of our social behavior/character building education, Fort Jennings Elementary students will be taught a set of 18 life skills throughout the year. Every two weeks we will emphasize what it means for all of us to embody a particular life skill. There will be daily announcements, lunch time discussions and activities to educate and reinforce these skills. A schedule of skills and announcements regarding the program are located below.
8/27- 9/7 - Respect
9/10 - 9/21 - Caring
9/24 - 10/5 - Cooperation
10/8 - 10/92 - Effort
10/22 - 11/2 - Friendship
11/5 - 11/20 - Responsibility
11/ 26 - 12/7 - Flexibility
12/10 - 12/21 - Initiative/Courage
1/7 - 1/18 - Organization
1/21 - 2/1 - Patience
2/2 - 2/15 - Perseverance
2/18 - 3/1 - Sense of Humor
3/4 - 3/15 - Common Sense
3/18 - 3/29 Curiosity
4/1 - 4/12 - Integrity
4/15 - 4/26 - Pride
4/29 - 5/10 - Problem Solving
5/13 - 5/22 - Life Skills Recap
Our new life skill is Curiosity. Curiosity is the desire to want to learn and find out about new things. Curiosity is the drive that helps humans continue to learn and grow. It causes us to explore the unknown in search of answers. If you are curious about a topic there are so many ways you can learn more...books, the internet, investigating, interviewing an expert, exploring nature, experimenting and more!
This week's Life Skill Shout Outs go to:
- Riley M., Bryce B., Anna M., and Tenley S.
- Sam D., Brayden K., Lucas K., and Stella M.
- Owen W., Mollie K., Wesley M., and Lucas K.
- Adrianna E., Anessa C., Kaylee Z., and Henry R.
- Tessa M., Sam D., James S., and Anna M.
- Jason S., Tessa M., Connor L., and Angel G.
- Zaven K., Ryan A., Mallory J., and Kamrtyn S.
- Tessa M., Gabbie S., Aedyn M., and Grace W.
- Luke M.,Logan M., Josie A., and Anna M.
- Carder O., Riley M., Sam D., and Brynn C.
- Brooklyn T., Allyson S., Kevin S., and Eli S.
- Riley B., Lindsay K., Alyse H., and Heaten M.
- Kevin S., Kailey M., Anna M., and Logan M.
- Sopia O., Mollie M., Peyton B., and Wyatt G.
- Riley M., Lucas K., Layla S., and Kamryn S.
- James S., Kace W., Kevin S., and Nolan D.
- Riley B., Evan E., Landon C., and Jocelyn G.
- Alysann M., Isabella H., Kailey M., Tessa M.